Monday, May 9, 2011

Burp cloths and wipes case

     Happy Monday all! I had such a lovely weekend, and was spoiled rotten by my sweet mister. I'd tell you all about it, but I hate to make people jealous...and he's taken anyway. =)
     This is just a simple sewing project to do when you don't feel like throwing too much brain power into anything. I have babies on the brain, so I was happy to find some bright flannel remnants to use for burp cloths and such.


     Cute burp cloths are super simple. I cut several 4inch by 16 inch strips of flannel.


     I serged the edges and then top stitched them to cheap Gerber cloth diapers.


     I did a blue bird set.


     And a pink bird set.


     Throw in prettied up wipes case and you have a lovely boutique style baby gift for someone.


     Wipes cases are super easy too. Just trace around an open wipes case giving about a half inch space all the way around.


     Cut it out and glue it the case. Trim the edges as needed so you don't glue the case shut accidentally.


     Glue ribbon around the edges to cover up the raw fabric edges and embellish as desired.


     Pair it with your burp cloths, and smile at the cute little birds.


Linking to:

9 comments:

  1. I have gotten several compliments on my baby wipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Love the wipes case-did you glue just the edges or all over-and what kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute set! I love that bow on the wipes case!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the burp cloths! I don't have a serger. Any advice on how I could do it with just my sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bragain Babe,
    Thanks so much for stopping by. You can just zigzag around the edges and before you sew it down and that should work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Such fun fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Please share on my Reap What You Sew Sundays giveaway linky party! http://the4rsramblings.blogspot.com/2011/05/reap-what-you-sew-sundays-4-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Register on EverydayFamily TODAY and you will receive stage based pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and weekly coupon alerts as well as free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines and much more.

    New Members Can Win Free Diapers for a Year!

    ReplyDelete