Friday, May 27, 2011

The Yummiest Banana Bread Ever!


     This is probably the one and only time you'll ever see a recipe on here. I am not a gal who loves cooking nor am I especially good at it. (As is illustrated by the fact that I caught my oven on fire last night with my newest attempt at culinary art...my house still stinks like smoke!) My sisters are great cooks, but somehow that gene missed me. I usually stick to recipes that are short and non-complicated. This is actually my sister's recipe and her's always tastes better than mine. That being said even my poor attempts taste scrumptious, so that is how you can tell this is a good recipe!
     Want to make some? Here you go.
You'll need:
5T butter
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C light brown sugar
1 lg egg
2 egg whites
1 t vanilla flavoring
1 1/2 C mashed ripe bananas
1 3/4 C all purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1/2 C heavy cream
1/3 C chopped walnuts

1. Heat oven to 350 and spray 9x5x3 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Beat butter until fluffy - add brown and granulated sugar - beat well - add egg, egg whites, vanilla until well blended - add mashed bananas - beat on high 30 sec
3. Combine four, baking soda, salt, baking powder, in medium bowl - add flour mixture alternately with cream ending with flour mixture - add walnuts
4. Pour batter into loaf pan - bake until browned and toothpick comes out clean - about 1hr and 15min
5. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10min - remove bread from pan - cool on rack

      I double this recipe when I make it and it turns out great. I've even added blueberries to it and it was super good like that too! Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment