Friday, April 13, 2012

Easy Pant Refashion

       Yesterday, I kept thinking it was Friday all day...today I can't seem to remember that it's Friday at all. Hence the reason it is 5 PM, and I've just remembered to post something for today. Here's a quick little refashion that's guaranteed to make your weekend cooler and comfier. Grab a pair of jeans that's a tad ill fitting...not hard if you're tall like me. Every pair of jeans is slightly ill fitting.


     These cost me $5 dollars at a consignment shop, so I wasn't the least bit worried about ruining them. I marked where the knee was, and where I wanted to shorten them too. I amputated them a few inches below that. I wanted the hem to be rolled, so that is why I didn't chop exactly where I wanted them to end up.


        Next, I took them in a pinch along the side seam, just to straighten the leg out.
    
       I serged around the bottom to keep them from fraying in the wash. Next, I rolled them up once and tacked them down at the side seams.



      Lastly, I rolled them up a second time, without sewing anything. I pressed them with the iron and called it done. Easy, fast, and soooo much better for this lovely hot weather.


      I was sort of thinking about throwing them into a bucket of bleach to lighten them up a bit. I don't really care for dark wash unless its really nice jeans. Have any of you ever bleached your jeans before? Did you like it? Do tell, pretty please!
Happy Weekend! =)

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a marvellous job! online deals melbourne

    ReplyDelete