Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


     Happy Thanksgiving! If you're traveling, stay safe... if your eating turkey, don't forget the gravy (and if possible, have your sister make it for you like I plan to!)...if your hanging out with relatives, don't talk politics...and if you can't find something to thank God for, just take another deep breath. Life is a wonderful gift. 

picture courtesy of my 3 year old

Jonah 2:9   But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! Love the art work. :) Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your family! I love that you Americans have this day for thanks for your good things in your lives.... it makes me think and thank too.

    I have a question for you: I want to make some knit ruffle scarves as Christmas gifts, I'll follow your tutorial for that. My question is: when you say "elastic thread" you mean the polyester thread (used for knit and with the thickness as the cotton thread) or the (thick)elastic? Can I use polyester thread or not?
    Thank you so much for your answer! Best regards, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen,
      "Elastic thread", is an actual spool of thread which is stretchy like elastic. Here in the states, I find it in the same section that I would buy elastic, not where the thread is. If you ask at your fabric store, they should know what you are looking for. You can also use regular thread, but you would have to gather it up by hand, and it wouldn't be stretchy, of course. I hope that helps a tad! Thanks so much for stopping by!
      -Abby

      Delete
    2. Thank you Abby for your quick answer. Here in Italy I found 3 types of threads: cotton, 100% polyster and elastic(which is very thick). They said the 100% polyster is used for sew everything, including knit. But it's not so stretchy when I touch it... I'll try it with a scrpa fabric, then I'll let you know! Thank you again!
      Carmen

      Delete